Cheam was held by the Abbott & Convent of St. Peter, Chertsey in the year 727.
Athelstan, in 1086, gave it to Christ Church, Canterbury.
Lanfranc divided the Parish into two Manors -
He kept East Cheam -
In 1539, Archbishop Cranmer exchanged East Cheam with Henry VIII for Chislet Park, Kent.
In the first year of the reign of Queen Mary, East Cheam was granted to Anthony Montague, who sold it to Henry, Earl of Arundel in 1583.
On the Earl's death, it passed to his heir, John, Lord Lumley whose first Wife had been the Earl's daughter, Jane (Died 1576).
West Cheam which was held by the Monks of Canterbury, came to Henry VIII on the dissolution of the Monasteries. In 1585 Queen Elizabeth granted the Manor of West Cheam to John, Lord Lumley.
Lord Lumley thus became Lord of the Manor of both East and West Cheam.
|Officers of the Club|
|History of the Club|
|The Club Badge|
|Ladies 2 Woods|
|Ladies New Bowlers|
|Ladies 2 Wood Pairs|
|Mens 2 Woods|
|Mens Junior Championship|
|Mens New Bowlers|
|Mens 2 Wood pairs|
|Directions to the Club|